RSSgenr8: HTML to RSS Converter
This form takes your web page and turns it into RSS 0.92.
RSSgenr8 is a hosted HTML to RSS Scraper Tool which dynamically generates a RSS feed from a HTML web page.
Changes to the web page are then automatically reflected in the RSS feed.
RSSgenr8 is based on
RSSify from VoidStar.com but is much
Acknowledgements also to Aaron Swartz who came up with the idea and the first implementation.
- Put <span class="rss:item"> ... </span> round each item in your page.
In Blogger you'd do this by going to your template in blogger and changing
<$BlogItemBody$> to <span class="rss:item"><$BlogItemBody$></span>
And then publish something to re-create the page with the new template
- Then put the URL of your new and modified page into the form below.
- Check that what you get back looks like RSS.
- Now you can make a link to this file like "http://www.xmlhub.com/rssgenr8.php?pageurl=your_web_page_url"
- Finally add a link to it on your web page, using something like the XML image below.
- (As a condition of use, we ask you to show a visible HTML link to www.xmlhub.com on your site.)
RSSgenr8 at xmlhub.com
If your web server runs PHP, please
the source and run it on your own server.
No configuration is needed - Just copy one file to the server.
- The channel title is taken from the web page title.
- The channel description is taken from the meta description.
- The item text is put in the description element.
- The first line or the first 100 characters of html stripped description are put in the title element.
- The first link in the description is put in the link element. If there isn't one, the web page url is used.
- Relative paths in the link url are converted to absolute paths.
- All tags except <A> <B> <BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <CENTER> <DD> <DL> <DT> <HR> <I> <IMG> <LI> <OL> <P> <PRE> <U> <UL> are stripped from the description.
- Tabs, NewLines, etc, in the description are converted to a single space
- A maximum of 25 items are included in the rss.
- if you want more detail about RSS, take a look at the